Location: Jalandhar, Punjab
Education and Experiences
The counsellor should be a Post-graduate in Psychology or Social Work with,regular course. In case, a person with above qualification is not available, candidate with following qualification and experience may be considered:
Graduate in Psychology or Social Work (only with regular course) with minimum two years work experience in counselling or working with Tis/Adolescent Health Programme/Mental Health settings/Substance Abuse or Drug Dependence programmes.
Candidates who have obtained correspondence course degrees will not be allowed for this post.
Knowledge and Skills
• Familiarity with issues related to marginalised communities especially wit! HRGs and their families.
• Strong communication and mobilisation skills.
• Ability to work in small teams, and flexible ways of working.
• Proficiency in report writing, case study compilation.
• At least 10 days in the field visit required.
• Overall management capacity to monitor, report and guide the team under him/her in absence of Project Manager or any other task provided by the Team.
Functions / Key Results Expected
Summary of Key Functions:
The Counsellor will be responsible for managing providing counselling and communication su bport to the programme in identifying individual or group behaviour including opportunities or challenges which have implication in HIV/AIDS Programme. Identify motivators or inhibitors among individuals or their family members and among groups which required to be addressed through BCC session by outreach team as well as through one to one or one to group counselling sessions. Ensure confidentiality while dealing with individual cases. Ensure participation in project based clinics, preferred providers clinics, health camps and would maintain patient registers, dispense medicines, demonstrate Condom use, counsel on condom negotiation skills, education on NSEP, overdose prevention, abscess
Duties and Responsibilities: will be responsible for performing the following functions:
Counselling and Behaviour Change Communication
1. The counsellor is responsible for taking individual and group sessions on HIV/AIDS, STI, afe sex and injecting practices, prevention of abscesses, overdose prevention, drug treatment 1Dptions, OST, etc.
2. The counsellor also shall engage in family counselling.
3. Demonstrate condom use, counsel on condom negotiation skills.
4. The counsellor shall also be responsible for motivating the clients for regular General Medical
Check ups, referral of clients to ICTC, STI clinic, ART, etc.
S. The counsellor shall also be responsible for orientation of ORWs on counselling techniq es and coordinate the outreach based BCC and psychosocial support activities.
6. The counsellor shall also look into the counselling requirement of female sex partner and pauses
of IDUs and motivating them to avail the HIV related services (STI treatment, ICTC, etc).
7. In addition, s/he shall develop the BCC materials suitable for local context, follow-up clients
8. The counsellor would be responsible for identifying individual or group motivators or inhibitors which require to be addressed for health seeking behaviours, condom use, decline in sharing the needles/syringes, decline in domestic or group violence, addressing issues related to self esteem, communitisation of groups etc.
9. Using the above areas the counsellor would guide the out reach team to have specific need based
BCC sessionsto address these issues.
10. The Counsellor would be responsible for management of clinics especially record keeping, management of the patient flow, visit to the clinic sites or preferred providers and disp •nsing of medicines.
11. The counsellor in coordination with M&E assistant cum Accountant would identify the hotspots or sites with low service uptake, increasing defaulters - prepare outreach and visit plan tc conduct hotspot level meeting.
12. The counsellor along with ORWs would prepare a plan to improve linkage with ICTCs I/ FICTCs
ensuring sharing of line listing of referred clients from Tl to ICTC, maintenance of refer al cards and referral registers.
13. The counsellor along with M&E assistant cum Accountant would ensure timely reporting of condom stocks, OST medicine stocks, STI and other general medicine stocks.
Job Email id:consultacysai(at)gmail.com